Saturday, June 14, 2008

Single Mom???




Cameron and I survived our first night without Daddy. He left yesterday morning around 4 to go to basketball camp in Valdosta. It was a LONG day and thank goodness Laura came by to help out last night. Cameron didn't nap much yesterday and for some reason didn't go to bed until 11 last night, which is really unusual. Laura came by last night to take care of him and get him to sleep while I washed bottles and did the daily laundry of all the spit up clothes and burp cloths. I'm so glad she did. If she hadn't I wouldn't have ever gotten to bed, and I needed it. Cameron woke up at 2:15 and 5:30 to eat. He went back to sleep after both feedings so it wasn't too bad. We do miss Daddy though. I have been sending him pictures and video clips to get him through the separation until tonight. We will be so glad to see him. I am even more grateful now that Cam has such an involved Dad. I have so much respect for single parents. I don't know how they do it day after day. I know I will be SO happy when my "other half" comes home! :)
On another note, Cameron went to his first softball games this week. He LOVES outside and did really good. Everyone LOVED him (of course). We found out we were pregnant last year when Casey and I were both coaching softball. We had our first scare during one of the games and the kids and the parents were always so supportive of us, so it was fun to take him there and show him off.

No comments: