Monday, June 9, 2008

May 22, 2008




Sorry for not posting anything lately. We have had our hands full! Casey has been wrapping up school and I have been taking care of our sweet colicy boy. He has good days and bad days. The worse if feeling so helpless as to how to make him better. I wish I could take it away from him! Anyway...today we celebrate his ONE MONTH birthday! He is changing and growing so much! He is drinking 5 ounces of formula now during each feeding. He still eats every 3 hours. Sometimes when we are lucky he sleeps late at night, but never much more than 4 hours. The biggest news however is he sleeps in his bed! I admit now, that he was sleeping with me on the couch until then. I know the dangers, but he would cry everytime you laid him down alone. I finally decided it was time. He doesn't like sleeping on his back, so he sleeps on his stomach. Again, I know the dangers. We have 2 monitors for him. One is a video monitor where we can see him in the living room. The second is a motion monitor. If he stops breathing or it detects no movement an alarm sounds. It works...if you forget to turn it off and take him out of the crib, the alarm goes off to remind you. In spite of the lack of sleep, the crying, and still be sore from the c-section, this has been the most amazing month of my life. This incredible little man has changed our lives. Neither of us knew we could love something so deeply and immediately. They say you have this bond from birth...I loved him at birth, but I fall more and more in love with him everyday. I would do anything for him, and I know Casey feels the same way. We look forward to many, many more months and years to come with this sweet baby!

No comments: